Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Virtual Committee Member

Jaime had her dissertation defense today.  I was there...virtually.  I Skyped in - which meant I was sitting in my study.  And with me were all three cats.  Lemur lying across the back of the chair, Wiley laying on one arm, and Maz curled up in the windowsill.   I think their attention was a combination of missing me for the past several days (I was in Seattle), and because they could hear the voice of one of their favorite people.

Apparently no-one noticed the feline participants.  I thought about dipping their little paws in ink so they could "sign" the approval form  ;-)

PS -- if you try this for a defense, consider getting an external microphone (if they exist) for Skype, because it is VERY difficult to hear much of what is said by those a few seats from the the computer.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Yay - thank you!! You were a fantastic committee member that went out of your way to help me finish.

THANK YOU!