Monday, May 18, 2009

Movie Madness


I took the past week off, and in addition to lots of sleep and housecleaning, I went to see several new movies. Big fun!

On the Friday it opened, several folks from the Department went to see the new Star Trek movie. We grabbed dinner at Fiddler's Hearth -- which is going on my "firsts" list because apparently my never having been there before marks me as seriously lame -- and then to the movie (very early, thanks to my anal planning). The movie was/is AWESOME!! Whole new franchise in the making.

The next week, I returned to see the movie with Michael and Doug. The next day we took in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine." Both days we went to see the movie around 5, which meant a) no crowds, and b) a feeling of being slightly naughty by playing 'hooky' from work.

Today we repeated our afternoon outing to see "Angels and Demons." Escapist fun. Followed it up by "Thai-ing one on" (meaning - dinner at Siam Thai). Nice evening.

The final unanimous ranking -- Star Trek by far eclipsed the other two. Angels & Demons comes in at #2. Wolverine - just okay.

No comments: