Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grapes of Wrath

Boy have I been sick. I ate some big juicy sweet black grapes this weekend, ended up needing two IVs, vicoden, and antibiotics as a result. Seriously un-fun food poisoning.

Today is much better (tho' far from great), with the added 'bonus' that I've lost my voice. Apparently a not uncommon side effect of too much stomach acid in the throat. An interesting sensation, tho' the cats seem a bit confused.

Had to cancel classes today...tho' perhaps not my most unpopular decision, given that it's St. Patrick's day (kind of a big deal here at ND). Couldn't speak, and couldn't be away from the bathroom long enough to teach.

My first clue was when I put on sweats, turned up the heat, and was sleeping under two big comforters, yet was still cold. Definitely not me. What soon followed left nothing to the imagination.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Sorry to hear about your run-in with the evil grapes...it made for a pretty awesome title for your blog entry though ;)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling much better by now. Apparently eating healthy is bad for you. Next time, drink those things.

Alicia said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I also feel the need to point out that the word verification required for me to post a comment is, somewhat aptly, "DISESE".

MMK and YMR said...

What kind of food poisoning is that?? I hope that you feel better now and that the boys are taking care of you.