Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Serves Me Right


It's broken. Gotta admit, today it started to smart quite a bit. My doctor called to tell me there was a fracture, and said: just turn the toe medially, tape it to the next toe, go get a podiatric shoe, stay off of it as much as possible, and...clean your room ;-)

Yep, a messy bedroom is to blame. I tripped over a shoe while stepping over a pile of dirty clothes on the floor. My mother taught me better ;-) Two of my colleagues said I should make up a heroic story about saving a cat, people would believe it.

The good news...I have something to include on my "50 New Things" list...

Guess I have to give up the stilettos for awhile. Here's my current "fashion statement" (with Wiley for scale). Talk about "sensible shoes."

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Yay for the shoe photo! I definitely would believe the cat story -- go with it.

siduri1 said...

I hate wearing the boot (I have frequent ankle issues). But the clunking sound it makes when you walk on hard floors is satisfying, no?

Cousin Jenny said...

I'm playing blog catch-up today and wanted to commiserate on your toe injury. I definitely feel your pain. The ironic twist to my sympathy is that I broke my little toe by slipping on the front steps of death at your old Pinetree Court house. Rain + slate steps while pug sitting = broken toe. I then managed to walk around Europe for 2 weeks on it until I stubornly went to the Dr. for follow-up. Not one of my prouder examples of common sense, but I feel your pain nonetheless. Hope the practical shoes are helping. In fact, the hard toe shoes could come in handy for kicking the Obama protesters out of the way if things get ugly on campus.

Sue said...

Excellent point Jen, on kicking Obama protesters. Indeed, they've started to appear, carrying their 6 foot aborted fetus pictures with them. Maybe I'll use a crutch instead!