Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Anthropology Christmas

Monday I hosted the Anthropology Department Christmas party. Not much work on my part, we had it catered by Thyme of Grace. I bought some wine, juice and fizzy water, and other than having to cook some of the warm dishes, that was about my work load. Not bad.

I had ordered Wall-E from Netflix to take to Seattle in case my nieces & nephew haven't seen it, so we put it to work for the kids at the party. It did the trick, kept 'em all in one place for 2 hours, allowing their parents some time to visit.

The cats had to be closed off in a room, too much activity for them. I took some of the girls in to visit, and after 15 minutes or so Wiley and Lemur looked at me with pleading eyes "Mom, help!!" Maz had nothing to do with any of us, he hid behind the shoe rack in the back of the closet, not to be lured out.

It was fun. Gotta do it more often (especially if catered!)

No comments: