Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Trip Of A Lifetime

I've been a bit hesitant to write about this, afraid I might jinx it I guess. But here goes -- I'M GOING TO ANTARCTICA !! I've wanted to do this since I was a kid. Whenever asked, Antarctica was always at the top of my list of places to visit before I depart this mortal coil. Now I get to (in shallah)!!

I don't want to say I'm psyched, but I think about it several times, every single day. The trip isn't until mid-January, but I'm ready to leave tomorrow ;-) We depart from Buenos Aries, for a two week cruise across the Southern Sea to the mainland. We visit all manner of sites, including some hotsprings on the tip of the continent. I can't wait!!!

I'm sure I will write about it 30 or 40 more times before I depart as I learn more details. I'll be giving a few lectures about some of the stops by Darwin along the coast of Argentina, otherwise I get to sit back and enjoy the ride!!

1 comment:

Michael Homan said...

That sounds great. Can you bring me a penguin?