Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Almost Done...

Got my suitcase all packed for the big trip, no small undertaking give the severe luggage requirements. It's now sitting in the living room, where Wiley's giving it the hairy eyeball. I should probably hang an 'evil eye' charm on it for protection... And I figured out how to rip the songs off my iPod to the new computer (and hence to the new iPod).

So, except for finishing letters of recommendation, getting my first 4 lectures done for a new class, xeroxing syllabi, calling our job candidates, setting up our museum internships, and housecleaning, I'm all ready to go. Details.

As I was working tonight, I noticed that my new young charge has perhaps been spending a bit too much time with his big 'brother.' Please note that while he's on his way...


...he's still got a way to go before he equals 'the master.'

___________________
ANTARCTICA FUN FACTS -- Antarctica may be the most competitive job location in the world. Each year, thousands of Americans apply to work on The Ice, through the National Science Foundation or Raytheon Polar Services. Eighty percent of personnel work during austral summer between October and February. While most of Antarctica's employed population is there for the adventure of life on the continent, there are other benefits. A technical or labor job in Antarctica pays considerably more than the same job in the U.S. And for those who live in the American Midwest, January's weather is warmer in Antarctica than at home! (Source: Origins-Antarctica) *** From Sue -- I swear I didn't add that last line, it's on the website, a direct quote ***

1 comment:

Alicia said...

That is incredible!

I guess Matzel is too much of an individual to follow suit :)