Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Pleasant Surprise

I was up till the wee hours of the morning (still on Seattle time I think) and got up a little early-ish today to get ready for company. I had planned to shovel the driveway when I found an email saying plans had changed. Several people stopped by offering to shovel my drive (for a price), but I said no, planning to don my warm clothing and venture forth. I puttered around the house for awhile, then curled up with the boys for a nap before shoveling.
I awoke to magically find my driveway plowed, and little penguins at my doorstep. A New Year's miracle (compliments of Michael and Doug). I should nap more often!! (okay...so maybe not...)
Thanks guys! Enjoy sunny Hawaii while I'm in Antarctica. Either way, we'll all be warmer than we are right now in South Bend!!

No comments: