Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Little Adventure

I was driving to the airport to pick up a job candidate, and as I sat at a stop sign I was hit from behind. Not particularly hard, but enough to be jarring and to hear an unpleasant crunching sound. I got out of my car (surprisingly un-mad) as did the woman behind me -- she was soooooo apologetic, and I think, really scared. As we each got out of our respective vehicles, we both almost fell on our arses, it was so slick.

My bumper did indeed get dinged, but her car was without damage. So much for the macho Jeep image. She pulled out all of her paperwork, and as I was walking back to my car I thought - it's just a bumper, I'm not going to bother to get it fixed, so why hassle her. In truth, it could've been so much worse if she had been speeding, if I had been pushed out into oncoming traffic, etc.

So I said to forget about it, and she jumped out of the car and hugged me. I think there might have been a few "praise Jesus-es" as I walked back to my car, but I'm not sure ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue,
In Norway we would file a law suit and make enough money to buy an air mac and an iphone. You missed the opportunity of a lifetime. However, you still have time. I suggest you go get a neck brace and wear it to the house and tell the lady that she left before you could get her information, therefore, it is leaving the scene of a accident! However, you will settle for an air mac, iphone and tee shirt for your father. Also see if she can do something about getting Jamie to finish her Doctor stuff.
Love
Sven Gustasphenson

Sue said...

Maybe I can also find a way to blame my insomnia, weight problem, poor eyesight, and odd-looking toes that I got from my father on the accident as well?? Milk it for all its worth!