Friday, February 22, 2008

Student Update

Remember our friend from a few days ago who was going to see my "supervisor"? Well, yesterday I gave my midterms. As he turned in his exam, he said in a rather disgusted fashion -- "that was REALLY mean to do to people!" I looked down at his exam and he'd circled all "F" in the T/F section. Since apparently there's no doubt in his mind that he might have gotten something wrong (a concept I thought Catholics reserved only for the Pope...) that made me the bad guy/gal. I just smiled while thinking to myself "yes indeed, that would've been mean, if I had in fact done so." It might have been followed by "....you little snot" in my head, but I won't swear to it ;-)

3 comments:

Jaime said...

um, wow

Anonymous said...

I actually had a high school math teacher do that to us on a quiz - every answer was "C". 25 of them in a row. It was an advanced class, so imagine a room full of honors students - all of them type A - muttering under their breath and pulling their hair out in frustration - because there was NO way she would have done that...little did we know our teacher had a sense of humor!

The only difference? We didn't complain because we were completely convinced that we had failed...

Sue said...

Thanks for the chuckle Jess. I think it is very safe to say that this class can not be defined as honors students and/or type A personalities... ;-)