Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things

This Facebook message has gone viral. Since I don't have George Bush to complain about anymore and thus not much to write...I figured I'd put my list here as well:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Write 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. Tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.

1. I hate the feeling of suede.

2. I have an unnatural affinity for all things Mac.

3. I have virtually no memories of my childhood.

4. I once laughed in class and a giant bugger flew out of my nose, in front of all the students.

5. I love the taste of aspirin.

6. I have no depth perception. Yet am a great parallel parker. Go figure.

7. I really really want to winter over at McMurdo Base, Antarctica.

8. Bananas used to make the insides of my ears itch. I outgrew it.

9. I flunked my French quals 5 times in grad school, until they finally lowered the departmental requirement to match my highest score. So where was my home base for many years working in Jerusalem -- a French monastery!!

10. I really hate the sound of chewing.

11. I was once the target of a ring tailed lemur stink fight. (I was trying to catch them with a net to take blood samples so I deserved it).

12. Spiders have no business being on the same planet with me.

13. I've always wanted to be an astronaut. Still do.

14. I had to wear a patch over my right eye for a few years as a kid, and don't much like pirate stuff as a result ('cept maybe the skull 'n crossbones thing ;-)

15. When I first heard the song "Pink Cadillac" I thought one of the verses went: "in love with a Peking man" - and sang it as such for ages until a friend heard me and stared in disbelief.

16. I make all my own jewelry.

17. I can't watch enough Stargate SG-1.

18. I like Perry Como music.

19. I haven't balanced my checkbook since 1985.

20. I can't sleep without noise. Actually, I can't much sleep, ever -- but definitely not when it's quiet.

21. The night John Lennon died...I had no idea who he was.

22. I once held a baby aye-aye, and it still ranks as one of the coolest moments of my life.

23. I have a giant birthmark on my elbow that a classmate once named "Bertha" and used to say hello to every day in Geometry class.

24. I have an unnatural affinity for all things Mac. (did I say that already ;-)

25. I can recite entire Star Trek episodes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you remember your eye-patch, you remember your childhood.

Sue said...

Hmmmm, good point.

Jaime said...

What a good idea! I was thinking about doing this, and hadn't done so yet. You may have given me a bit of motivation to put this on mine also.

Lesley said...

Did the aye-aye try to tap you with its creepy finger to find grubs?