Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Contentment

I've been smiling all day. Admittedly, the outcome last night was one that made me very happy -- but seeing Indiana go blue really was the cherry on top. I drove two loads of people to the polls yesterday, and neither of the polling places had any line. Nada. I was therefore pretty sure that we were gonna stay red. Happy to be wrong!!

Even tho' I felt pretty crumby much of yesterday (a cold is a'brewin'), I was still kicking myself last night that I didn't go down to Grant Park in Chicago. Today in the lab, some of the students said the same thing -- we should've had a field trip. Bummer!

I got two very nice emails today from family members who, although they didn't vote for Obama, were very gracious about his victory. I'm not sure I'd have been as honorable - definitely a lesson in losing with grace!!

No comments: