Friday, October 12, 2007

Jodi Foster, Get Ready

.
This is pretty cool. Paul Allen (co-founder of Microsoft) has funded a large SETI project to search for extraterrestrial signals. They expect to find life by 2025. Let's hope it's not for another 465 days 20 hours and 21 mintues or the aliens are doomed!

My guess is that they'll pick up radio signals from the Battlestar. Let's hope they don't find Cylons close behind!! (yes, I'm a geek. I think the daily skeleton action figures pretty much cemented that fact already)

Skies to be Swept for Alien Life
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7041183.stm

2 comments:

Jaime said...

How did they decide 2025? I read the article, and it provided no information on that point. That's a pretty close date for something that may or may not even exist!

Sue said...

I don't know. But I might still be alive, so I think it's cool(io)!! Talk about paradigm shifting!