Friday, November 30, 2007

Alicia's Bengali Lessons

I forgot to mention this from my DC trip. While there, I dropped my cellphone in a taxi and didnt' realize it till later in the day. As good fortune had it, the cabbie gave me his number for a later pickup, so I called and we eventually met up after dinner. Turned out he's from Bangladesh.

So I mentioned Alicia and her arsenic Fulbright and we chatted at length. I mentioned Alicia is cramming Bengali lessons before leaving, he offered his whole family to help out with training. Lots of unmarried brothers apparently, so I did some matchmaking while at it.

So Alicia, I got your back. Jewel the cabdriver is waiting for your call ;-)

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow! Language lessons AND umarried brothers? You struck the jackpot!

Alicia said...

UNmarried. Woops.

Good thing I'm switching to Bengali--my English isn't so hot...

Sue said...

I'll send the phone number in a separate email, wouldn't want too many other people cashing in on your 'present.' I wouldn't do this for just ANYONE you know ;-)