Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Things are Lookin' Up

The day improved considerably. First, the computer guys came over to bring my new MacBook Pro. It is a thing of beauty indeed. Big bright screen, smokin' fast, tons o' memory, and actually lighter than my 12" G4.

And then, the unthinkable happened. I was all set to give them my old Mac so they could rip the brains out to salvage my data when it came back to life.

IT'S A MAC MIRACLE!! That computer has no business whatsoever working -- it's been dropped twice now, the screen popped off, it lost a key, and the frame is bent such that you can't change the battery. Also, the only plug that works in it is the one that was attached during the first drop back in Germany. And yet, the little tyke takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin!!

This afternoon I got the word on my Jeep as well -- needed a new alternator and battery. But it's purring like...Wiley when his food dish is filled. Not a cheap afternoon, but one that's got me up and running again.

All in all - I witnessed a miracle, learned the bus system, found a great mechanic, and got a new computer - this one goes in the plus column.

Oh yeah, and they figured out how to do stem cells without the controversy. That's good too ;-)

2 comments:

Jaime said...

1. Congrats on the new Mac - I'll just have to be a little jealous.

2. I'm so happy to hear that my favorite cute computer is still ticking -- that's one tough little guy.

3. Welcome to the bus club -- just make sure that Lesley is never on it with you -- she attracts more freaks than I do.

Sue said...

Remember...this is South Bend. Even Lesley would be safe.