Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Home and Hearth

I wish I had a hearth...maybe someday. Glad to be back home though. Easy flight again. What's going on????

The panel finished up, tiring but enjoyable as always. Turned out our conference room was located in the Polar Research wing at NSF, so I got a chance to talk to some of the folks doing work (or sponsoring work) in Antarctica. Unfortunately I can't get to McMurdo while I'm there because it's on the other side of the ice (I forgot the continent is larger than the US and Mexico combined), but I did score a chance to visit the Palmer Research Center up on the peninsula (where we'll be). Should be cool.

The one advantage to traveling is the kittie response when I get home. I'm no sooner seated than I have 3 hairy boys snuggled up against me. I should point out, give the picture to the right, that there are only 3 cats at my house (and the last one is Jaime's and Alicia's fault). That still qualifies me for the title 'spinster' or 'cat lady', but it's not QUITE as bad the picture.

No comments: