Monday, November 26, 2007

Bone Tired

Rarely have I seen so pathetic a group of adults as our panel at 5:30 today. Didn't know people could develop such big bags under their eyes (except me of course, fresh as a daisy -- that's been sprayed with Round-up). It is such a pleasure to serve on this panel, it might be the most personally rewarding thing I do each semester -- but BOY is it taxing. We all went out to dinner afterwards...somehow the prospect of cold beer livened up the crowd...

This thing is a reminder of how old I'm getting -- one of the panel members, a former undergrad research assistant, is now up for tenure. And I learned tonight that I was the TA for two others while at Colorado. We went around the table to figure out how we all knew each other and realized there was about 1/2 a degree of separation for us all. And as luck would have it, one of the guys was present for the filming of "Gorillas in the Mist" and met Sigorney Weaver, who worked with a writer on Ghost Busters, who likewise wrote for Animal House, which had as one of its bit players....you guessed it, Kevin Bacon.

No comments: