Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Delta Fan

Our flight from DC to Cincinnati was about 2 hours late, making the connection to South Bend really really tight. I made it, but my luggage didn't. I knew better than to check it but was tired and didn't feel like lugging it around. I grabbed some dinner in the DC airport...which about midnight became a mistake. So in the end, my bag is in limbo, and my 'system' is quite cleaned out compliments of some food poisoning.

But I have to say, the folks at Delta were GREAT. The late flight was because the plane had to turn around due to a heart attack (the guy was okay in the end), but regardless, Delta was willing to pay for a hotel if I got stuck in Cincinnati. The luggage thing, guess I could get mad, but since they're delivering it tomorrow and I'm at home, it's not a big deal.

9 comments:

Jaime said...

Was it really food poisoning, or did you just happen to glimpse Cheney from the tarmac in DC?

Seriously, I hope you're all right. Did you have to go to the hospital? At least then they could identify which fun microbe you got. Typhoid Sue has a nice ring to it, no?

Unknown said...

More likely Salmonella Sue, don't you think? A better ring to it anyway....

Sue said...

Oh yeah, Samonella Sue gets my vote. No trips to get it IDed, everything had 'passed' by about 6 pm last night. Guess it could've been anything, but I am blaming the mayo.

Jaime said...

Or perhaps just Suemanella....

Lesley said...

that is perhaps my favorite skeleton graphic thus far. wow. awesome.

E.sueli anyone?

Sue said...

Okay, you kids are enjoying this too much!

Really, you're favorite skeleton action figure?? 365 figures, and a vomiting skull is your favorite??

Jaime said...

No, really. Before she posted that comment she was talking about that graphic over at my house to several people that were there eating dinner with us. Really.

Suephalococcus?

Sue said...

It was actually a graphic about war, with the big skull dressed as Death, and a slogan "stop the killing" written over/near the small skulls. I adapted it for a far more meaningless use I fear.

So let's make sure I have the full count -- "Typhoid Sue", "Samonella Sue", "Suemonella", "E. sueli", and "Suephalococcus."

I've lost control...

Anonymous said...

Did you ever have control?

suE. coli