Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Smells of Summer

It was so sunny and nice when I got home,the boys and I sat out back for awhile. I worked on an exam for tomorrow, Maz ate grass that he will no-doubt throw up on some item of my clothing this evening; Wiley laid down on the picnic table next to me and watched the world go by; and Lemur chased every single thing in the yard that moved. It is amazing how utterly happy being outside makes these little tykes. Guess I need a wet rhinarium to fully appreciate the sensation.

2 comments:

Michael Homan said...

Then you call them home and they come inside? How do you herd cats?

Sue said...

Yep, that's exactly what I do. It is pretty amazing, I have to admit. I just say "get in the house" (sometimes twice, admittedly, but not often) and in they trot. Doesn't even seem odd anymore, but now that you mention it, I 'spose it is.

I'm like the Pied Piper of cats. Never tried it with rats, but if there's a breakout of the plague, I'll give it a try.