Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Checked Off

Went to bed last night at 10:30 with the assumption I'd sleep until about 8 am. Not quite -- I was out like a rock til 3 am, then not a wink. Kept thinking about all the stuff I had to get done...so about 5 am I got up and did 'em. Went up to school and started checking off the list. Twelve hours later, I called it quits on a very productive day. And I'm certainly tired enough tonight to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0347 -- Pachomius, Egyptian monk, died
1796 -- Edward Jenner administered 1st smallpox vaccine
1804 -- Lewis & Clark expedition set out from St. Louis.
1948 -- British rule in Palestine came to an end as The Jewish National Council proclaimed the State of Israel. Known as "The Catastrophe" in Palestine.
1973 -- Skylab, the 1st US space station, was launched

No comments: