Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spoke Too Soon ??

Well, I may have spoken too soon about my current home state. It's been quite a night, and I've had the tv on the whole time like a junkie. Right now there's only a 2% point difference between them, with Lake and Monroe counties still counting away. Here's the map (from the NY Times) showing where most of the votes were placed. Hello President Obama!!

I have to hit the hay, but will think good thoughts about those votes left to count...as well as the absentee ballots left in Bloomington. Since just about every college town in both states clearly went for Obama, it might not be a stretch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1800 -- Indiana Territory organized
1840 -- Peter Tchaikovsky was born
1888 -- George Eastman patents "Kodak box camera"
1914 -- US Congress establishes mother's day
1915 -- The Lusitania was sunk by a German submarine in World War I
1945 -- Germany unconditionally surrendered to the allies in France

No comments: