Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Birthday!!

Tomorrow is Michael D's birthday, tonight we are off to celebrate with a dinner at the Carriage House. I've never been there, so a little adventure. It's the closest contender we have in town for the LaSalle Grille, I'll report back.

UPDATE: Fun evening, began with a great martini made by Doug, with blue cheese stuffed olives n' all!! And Dixie found a baby opossum in the garden, so cute I was kicking myself for not having a camera. Then off to dinner, a bit of a drive but quite really nice. And I had my first escargot. Followed by a great scotch back at the Chateau Driscoll/Williamson. Fun fun fun. I think we should celebrate Michael's birthday a few times a year ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1497 -- Amerigo Vespucci's 1st voyage to New World
1838 -- John Wilkes Booth i born
1863 -- Stonewall Jackson died after being accidentally shot by his own troops
1869 -- 1sr US transcontinental railroad was completed
1924 -- J. Edgar Hoover became director of the FBI
1969 -- Apollo 10 transmit 1st color pictures of Earth from space

No comments: