Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

I saw a bunch of kids holding Obama signs on the way in to give my final this morning, with many folks honking at them (in support I assume). Let's hope it bodes well for tomorrow. I made the little action figure to the left to use today as a result of that sight, but then decided to use it on the blog sidebar instead.

I gave my final in "Forensic Anthropology" and as I packed up the last exam I thought to myself "THANK GOD it's over!!" As I was wallowing in self pity over a failed class, a student (who already has an A) came back in and said it was her favorite class at ND. I just stared at first. When I left the room, two others said likewise. After posting final grades, I got 3 really nice emails to the same effect. Boy I needed that - and never saw it coming.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1818 -- Karl Marx was born
1821 -- Napoleon Bonaparte dies in St Helena
1891 -- Carnegie Hall opened in New York. Peter Tchaikovsky was the guest conductor.
1922 -- Construction begins on Yankee Stadium
1925 -- John T Scopes arrested for teaching evolution
1961 -- Alan Shepard became the first American in space

No comments: