Monday, December 24, 2007

Bah Humbug !!

Got together with Brynn today, she'll be watching 'the boys' while I'm away for the holidays. Here's a picture of them bonding...tho' I think Lemur's a wee bit more interested in the Christmas cookies on the table than Brynn ;-)

And I'm making a big assumption about going away for the holidays. I've been sitting on hold for quite some time waiting for a living person at United to pick up a phone. In an act of Christmas cheer, they canceled my flight for tomorrow and can't rebook me till the 28th. I hope whatever pencil-necked paper-pusher made this decision finds his stocking chock full of coal...and maybe some sharp spiky nails as well. The 'friendly skies' my ass!

UPDATE -- after an hour on hold, United got me booked on the last available flight out tomorrow...on Delta. So, bumped down to a middle seat in coach, on a different airline, leaving at 7 am. I'm not happy. But my kitties are -- I gave them their Christmas gifts early, and as you can see, they took to the catnip quite quickly. Three stoned little felines...in a pear tree.

__________________
ANTARCTICA FUN FACTS -- Antarctica is surrounded by the world's stormiest seas. The physical boundary most widely accepted today for the antarctic region is the Antarctic Convergence, a zone c.25 mi (40 km) wide encircling the earth along a fluctuating, zigzagging line between 48°S and 61°S,. Within this zone the colder and denser north-flowing antarctic surface waters sink beneath warmer and saltier subantarctic waters; these differences and other characteristics have led oceanographers to regard the waters around Antarctica as a fifth ocean, the Southern Ocean (also known as the Antarctic Ocean). (Source: Geology & Geography)

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Good luck getting to your destination -- I hope it went well finally!

Do your cats have any extra catnip? Several members of my family could certainly use some....