Saturday, December 15, 2007

Oddballs Unite


Watched "Hairspray" last night, it definitely ranks as one of my favorite movies of 2007. By the end, I realized I'd been smiling thru the whole thing. I always thought John Waters was a bit TOO odd -- after seeing this, I say more power to him!! Great performances, important messages, and fun to boot.

And speaking of odd, here's a powerpoint-ed picture I found the other day: wrendrill? chick-a-dril?

__________________
ANTARCTICA FUN FACTS -- There are three South Poles. The first is the striped ceremonial pole where people have their pictures taken. The actual geographic pole is about 90 meters away along the 160 west longitude line. The third pole is the south geomagnetic dip pole and is over 2,700 km from the geographic pole. In fact, it is currently not even on the Antarctic continent, but is off the coast near the French Dumont D'Urville station. The last time it was located (1986) it was at 65.30 S and 1400 E. (Source: CARA Education & Outreach)

1 comment:

Erica Kreller said...

I just watched that movie too! It was a lot of fun. Were you diggin' John Travolta's amazing Ballmer accent?