Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Scandinavian Christmas

Very fun Christmas dinner at Michael and Doug's last night. Not your traditional fare however, at least for the US. Doug is of Norwegian descent, as are apparently several of our friends. So they gathered last night for a traditional Scandinavian feast. The goal - a plate of only tan and white food. Some green appeared however, in the form of brussels sprouts...that I ate...and liked! Had seconds. Don't tell my mom.


The party started at 7, was still going strong when I left at 11. Apparently my French/German heritage couldn't keep up with those northern types. And I must confess to a wee bit of a headache (some might call it a hangover) this morning...which means I know of at least 9 others in the same boat ;-)

____________________
ANTARCTICA FUN FACTS -- The sun only rises and sets once a year in Antarctica - 6 months of light, 6 months of dark. Only 28 people winter over at the South Pole. For 8 months there are no flights in or out, and the only contact with the outside world is by radio, ham radio, and e-mail.

No comments: