Tuesday, December 11, 2007

General Ick


Totally icky weather. Cold, rainy, dark grey. And slick. Last night I almost went flat out on my first step out the door, everything was coated with ice. When today's stuff freezes it's gonna be ugly. But it sounds like other parts of the Midwest are in much worse shape, so I guess we're lucky.

Fun day chatting with students in the lab. Probably because we were all high on fingernail polish fumes...

And I got some practical advice - if you leave your iPod in your car overnight it'll freeze and not work. Put it in front of your heater vent for a bit and it'll thaw out. Okay, my work here is done.

Finally, here's another fun one from The Onion's "Our Dumb World" --

________________
ANTARCTIC FUN FACTS - The cold and dry conditions in the "Dry Valleys" region of Antarctica are so close to those on Mars that NASA did testing there for the Viking mission. It has not rained in the dry valleys for at least 2 million years.

No comments: